Let me be the first to Welcome you to Central Florida! I love this area and am passionate about it. I have compiled some information below to help you get acquainted to the area or to find something new. There is so much to do, see, and experience here. We are close to two major metropolitan areas, Tampa and Orlando. We have world-class beaches, theme parks, museums, universities and more for you and your family to experience. Once you get a taste, you will love it just like my family and I do. Below are several links to get you started, but please go to the Visit Central Florida (http://www.visitcentralflorida.org/) website for additional information not listed. Also, please look up the free application, Explore Central Florida, for your iOS devices. It is a free application and has good information for people new to town and existing residents.
Central Florida is the home to World Class entertainment. From family friendly to romantic, you can’t beat what we have to offer. Make sure you check out the below:
- Walt Disney World – Visit the park that reshaped Central Florida and is the model for theme parks around the globe.
- Busch Gardens – For the thrill seeker in us all…
- SeaWorld – Experience life under the sea!
- Universal Studios – Step into your favorite movie character.
- LEGOLAND Florida – Building blocks capturing your imagination.
- Crystal River Refuge – Experience something historic, swim with endangered mammals.
- Florida State Fair – Enjoy the efforts of young adults from all over the Sunshine State.
- Plant City Strawberry Festival – Come celebrate the annual harvesting of local Strawberries.
- Sun n Fun Airshow – This is one of the largest air shows and swap meets in the U.S.
- Polk Theatre – Experience classic movies in a historic theatre, plays, and other musicals in downtown Lakeland.
- Arts on the Park – Featuring local artists in traditional downtown studio.
- Polk Museum of Art – One of Florida’s Top Ten Art Museums located in the heart of Polk County.
- Tampa Museum of Art – Modern and Contemporary art, focusing on photography.
- David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts – Broadway and off Broadway productions in Tampa.
- The Winter Park Playhouse – Professional musical theatre features musical comedies and revues from Broadway and Off-Broadway and New York-style cabarets.
Central Florida is home to phenomenal museums that are sure to intrigue your mind and enlighten your spirit.
- Kennedy Space Center – “We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.” President John F. Kennedy
- Children’s Museum of the Highlands – Children’s museum and a place for them to learn and explore.
- Explorations V – Hands-on fun for children to learn.
- Mt. Dora Museum of Speed – The Ultimate Man Cave, a museum of classic cars.
- Wycliffe Discovery Center – Interactive learning with different faith based exhibits to experience.
- Winter Park Historical Museum – Experience the local history of one of Orlando’s unique suburbs.
- Florida Air Museum – Visit Florida’s official aviation museum and home of the Howard Hughes Collection.
- Osceola County Pioneer Village & Museum – Visit how citrus shaped the landscape and people made their life off the land in Florida.
- National Park Service – Florida has 11 National Parks to enjoy.
- Florida State Parks – State of Florida Funded Parks.
- Polk County Parks – Polk County funded parks with interactive recreation icons, sorted by local area.
- Lakeland Parks – City of Lakeland has over 60 parks and facilities.
- Hillsborough County Parks – Hillsborough County has nearly 300 parks and recreation facilities to enjoy.
- Anna Maria Island – Quant island community near Bradenton.
- Clearwater – Family fun beach and city.
- Daytona – Motors and sand.
- Longboat Key – Outside beautiful Sarasota.
- Siesta Key – On the south side of Sarasota.
- Treasure Island – Outside St. Petersburg
- Cocoa – America’s Space Coast.
- Jupiter – Near West Palm Beach.
- Central Florida Unique Boutiques – Whether you want the hustle and bustle of a busy mall or a unique boutique, Central Florida has it all.
Central Florida is home to many professional sports franchises and Major League Baseball’s Grapefruit League.
- Daytona International Speedway – Daytona 500 and Coke Zero 400 NASCAR Racing
- Tampa Bay Lightning, NHL – Stanley Cup Champions (2004)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, NFL – Super Bowl Champions (2002)
- Tampa Bay Rays, MLB
- Orlando Magic, NBA
- MLB Spring Training – Grapefruit League
- Atlanta Braves – Lake Buena Vista
- Baltimore Orioles – Sarasota
- Boston Red Sox – Ft. Myers
- Detroit Tigers – Lakeland
- Houston Astros – Kissimmee
- Miami Marlins – Jupiter
- Minnesota Twins – Ft. Myers
- New York Mets – Port St. Lucie
- New York Yankees – Tampa
- Philadelphia Phillies – Clearwater
- Pittsburgh Pirates – Bradenton
- St. Louis Cardinals – Jupiter
- Tampa Bay Rays – Port Charlotte
- Toronto Blue Jays – Dunedin
- Washington Nationals – Viera