Agent & Price
CHOOSE THE SALES PRICE
Often this is a very emotional step in the process. Sellers must understand that the housing market fluctuates often. Several economic factors go into a current home value: recent comparable sales, condition, location, loan interest rates, etc.
Establishing the market value and pricing the home fairly will ensure that interest from potential buyers is strong and your home sale will be smooth. The first 30 – 90 days will have the most activity if the home is priced correctly; we need to get it right from the start! This is where my expertise is valuable. Separate from emotion, I will help you price the home with the market in mind and help give you tips to get top dollar.
Therefore, it is important to consider pricing the home at the market sales price at the time of listing. Should you decide to price your home higher than the market:
- Buyer interest may wane
- There may be limited interest
- Buyers may think something is wrong with the home
- Ultimately, your home’s days on market will be high and cause the home to become a stale listing
PREPARE FOR SHOWINGS
If you had some time to go through my Home Sales Tips & Preparation Guide in step 1, then this step may be a breeze for you. A good idea is to as a friend, relative, or neighbor to walk your home with you to give you an impartial opinion of things they see. If you are uncomfortable with their opinions, I am always willing to help.
Doing a few minor tweaks can really change the appeal of your home and new perspectives mimic potential buyer behaviors. You want to create the best impression possible from the curb to inside. Start at the curb and work your way inside like a buyer would. Minor repairs and touch ups will make the difference and highlight your home well.
One important note, after you get a notice of a showing consider the following:
- Ensure your home is picked up and ready to make its first impression.
- Turn on lights throughout the home so that buyers will see its beauty and it will look brighter.
- Set the home at a comfortable temperature. Buyers will be able to concentrate on your home if they are comfortable.
- Put out fresh potpourri or for you bakers, fresh cookies.
You’ve done a ton of work to prepare your home to sell, but what if buyers don’t know about it? We need a solid marketing plan! I tailor specific marketing delivery avenues to ensure potential buyers know about your home and how wonderful it is. These can include the below:
- Registering the listing with the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Internet advertising
- Print Advertising
- Broker Openings – Agent to Agent Marketing
- Open Houses
- Yard Signage
Your home is not “one size fits all” and therefore the marketing is not either. Together, we will decide the best plan to ensure maximum buyer traffic. Certain markets prefer different marketing channels. This is where my expertise and knowledge of the market shines! Give me a call today and we can discuss the best plan for you.